Must try in OH-TEN: Salcedo Market

Saturday, January 02, 2010

Sure it’s been there for ages but have you been to? I’ve been there once and vowed to come back. I have friends that share the love for hanging out in parks, having a picnic and just taking in nature. We may do it once in a blue moon but it’s definitely something we’d like to do on a regular basis.



My Goodness
Initially, I was attracted to their packaging. A few tastes later, we deem My Goodness as a healthy and delectable munchie alternative.


Did I mention that they’re all organic?



Rib Shack
Ooookaaay…I don’t have a photo of their ribs but my god these ribs melted in my mouth. At 285, 1 order could easily satisfy 2 people. We didn’t want a lunch that was so heavy so we opted to pass but to come back when we were in the mood for ravenous meat.


Chariya’s Thai Kitchen
If you’ve been reading my blog, you’d notice that I’ve had a love affair with Thai food. Chariya’s Thai Kitchen is backed by the same people behind Jatujak in SM Megamall.

We ordered their Thai Iced Tea and it is THE most authentic Thai Iced Tea that I’ve tried in Manila. It was one of the best finds me and my friend Danix, a fellow Thai Iced Tea addict, came across.

Their satay was very good.

This made me laugh.



Lunch, Crepes by a Real Frenchman
Uhm that wasn’t the stall’s name, I forgot its actual name! Hahaha Have authentic French crepes prepared in a couple of minutes.


Danix got the Super Galette Complete (P170 – ham, cheese, tomatoes and lettuce)

I got the Super Galette Fresh Ground Tuna. Looks can be deceiving. This spread looks divine but it actually lacked taste. The tuna wasn’t seasoned so it tasted kinda blah. Danix got it right with her order which was delicious.


Gawd. Don’t you wish we had more free, clean and safe parks in the city?




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Add me on Facebook