Camera Bag Hunting Part 4: jill-E

Thursday, November 11, 2010

As I previously mentioned, I’m still on the look out for the camera bag that fit my needs.
The Criteria:
1. Must fit my camera and my essentials for travelling.
2. I hope it doesn’t look like a typical camera bag.
3. Price.
Bonus points for weather proof-ness or at least can take on water/rain. I don’t even think about weight management anymore because will all my crap, it will automatically be heavy. Haha

I saw a lot of international brands that I can’t afford but I still fell in love with them. They’re camera bags that look like handbags on the outside but secretly a camera bag inside. Aaaaahhhh!!! Quality comes with a price tag and these brands come with a high one.

Presenting, the astronomically beyond my reach camera bags. Haha Unsurprisingly, a lot of these brands came from photographers.

As per their website, "jill-e designs started out as an advocate for every female photography lover who's ever had to put up with the male-oriented look and feel of high-quality camera bags." The brand has since introduced styles for the male population as well.


Small Bone Camera Bag $169.99 (Approximately P7,480)
I can imagine bringing the Small Bone Camera bag to a work function and not stand out like a sore thumb. The structure is uncomplicated and roomy; it's also weather resistant. (winks) Never travel without a camera even on a business trip? Sashay into a meeting with this one and they’ll never know you have a camera inside. I think it’s good for the city but for my travelling needs, it’s actually too small. More colors available.


What fits inside:
DSLR or SLR camera body and 2 moderately sized lenses. Or DSLR or SLR camera body and 1 long telephoto lens. Plus extra batteries and memory cards, accessories and a few personal items.


Medium Brick Red Camera Bag $239.99 (Approximately P10,560)
I think this one can easily accommodate all of my things. It tries to add some quirk with the wave detail as trim. More colors available.

What fits inside:
DSLR or SLR camera body and 2-3 moderately sized lenses. Our DSLR or SLR camera body and 1 long telephoto lens & 1 moderately sized lens. Plus extra batteries and memory cards, accessories and a few personal items.


Medium Bone and Black Camera Bag $239.99 (Approximately P10,560)
A hybrid of the 2 mentioned bags. Compared to the Small Bone Bag, I see this being a good travelling bag that can accommodate all my needs.

What fits inside:
DSLR or SLR camera body and 2-3 moderately sized lenses. Our DSLR or SLR camera body and 1 long telephoto lens & 1 moderately sized lens. Plus extra batteries and memory cards, accessories and a few personal items.


jack™ Medium Camera Bag $239.99 (Approximately P10,560)
For the men out there, don’t feel left out! Jill E-designs came up with a polished and professional bag for you. I think that only a couple of photographers out there can own up and carry this bag with style. Other guys might be too intimidated by it or think they’re too “macho” for it. Haha


What fits inside:
DSLR or SLR camera body and 2-3 moderately sized lenses. Or DSLR or SLR camera body and 1 long telephoto lens & 1 moderately sized lens. Plus extra batteries and memory cards, accessories and a few personal items.



---------------------------------
Camera Bag Hunting Part 1
Camera Bag Hunting Part 2
Camera Bag Hunting Part 3: Kelly Moore
Camera Bag Hunting Part 4: jill-E

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Add me on Facebook