Not a hyper review of Hyphy’s

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Hyphy’s is the second restaurant I tried in Galleria’s new Veranda wing. It stood up because it occupied the largest space in the section. I've never been to SanFro so I can't vouch for the restaurant's authenticity, I can only vouch for its taste.
We had a late dinner and the restaurant was probably 25% filled. Jerome our server was eager, friendly and knowledgeable of the menu.

Wittily named mocktails I wouldn’t mind coming back for

Complimentary Fries while you waited
It tasted like the frozen French Fries you could buy from the grocery which I didn’t expect. McDo’s fries taste better.

My friend's sandwich which was unfortunately not memorable.

Grilled Chicken BLT Sandwich (P220) Backyard BBQ style grilled chicken layered with bacon, lettuce and tomatoes. Pressed between homemade bread and fried potatoes.
The sandwich was massive and I stared at it for a good 2 minutes trying to figure out how to attack the sandwich. Unfortunately it tasted “malansa” which we chalked up to probably the oil that they used.

I had high expectations with Hyphy’s since it was by Chef Bruce Lim but I was disappointed. For the price range, I thought the portions would be a tad bigger and the taste more exceptional. While we were there, Chef Bruce went table to table which felt disingenuous since he asked the same question from table to table and after getting the answer, moved on.

Will I go back? Not any time soon. Maybe I’ll give it another chance in a couple of months.

-------------------------------
Hyphy's
02-4777611
Level 2, Robinsons Galleria Veranda, EDSA cor. Ortigas Ave., QC

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Add me on Facebook