Veggie Good at Corner Tree Café

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I’ve mentioned my lack of love for veggies in the past. I’m sorry…..I just don’t really don’t like the taste. I can honestly say it’s not psychological because I tried to give vegetables a chance and there are just a lot that I don’t like. Sadness…..

I do however love trying out Vegetarian places since they prepare healthy food in delicious ways. I’m rarely in Makati so there are a lot of places there that I have yet to try. My HS friends and I had an opportunity to have brunch in Makati so we decided to try Vegetarian restaurant, Corner Tree Café along Jupiter Street.

Greek Spinach Filo Triangles (P160 – 3 pieces, P275 – 6 pieces)
A classic Greek appetizer. Light crisp pastry filled with spinach and feta cheese.


Grilled Cheese Sandwich (P220)
Mozzarella, olive oil and fresh basil in whole grain bread make this simple sandwich an Italian classic. Comes with a light salad.
Tin was too nervous to eat so she stuck with something simple and familiar. The sandwich tasted lovely but the best Grilled Cheese Sandwich for me is still from Chocolate Fire.

North African Vegetarian Stew (P275)
A rich flavorful stew infused with saffron & Moroccan spices served over couscous or rice topped with toasted almonds and fresh coriander. Served with our spicy harissa on the side.
I was feeling experimental; I wanted to order a dish that had loads of vegetables to challenge my palette. I was eating pretty much everything and I didn’t even know what vegetables I was consuming! Haha I love couscous and want to expose myself more to Moroccan food. The dish was satisfying but after several spoonfuls, it got “nakakasuya”. I think it needed something more to break the “suya” factor.

Koftas in Tomato Sauce (P220)
5 Indian Vegetarian “meatballs” (made with cauliflower and cabbage) in tomato sauce with a kick, served with organic red rice.
Hands down this was our favorite. The meatballs astonished us since it had the texture and taste of real meatballs. We were trying to figure out how in the world they were able to turn cauliflower and cabbage into meatballs. The dish had a spectrum of flavors and never bored us.

I would come back for the Koftas alone. I also want to go back for their

* Additional photos from Tin Samson.

-----------------------------------------
Tues - Sun: 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
150 Jupiter St. Bel-Air, Makati City
02-897-0295, 0906-558-6177

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Add me on Facebook