Bellarocca Part 1: The Digs

Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Bellarocca series is my official entry for my Photo Walk for May. Hehe

I’ve always wanted to go to Bellarocca but it was waaaaaaay above my pay grade. I always thought, “I will find a job that will bring me there!”. That never happened though. One fateful night, a text from Tin alerted me of a new service – a coupon site. One of their opening offerings? An affordable package to the elusive island! Cmon! Getting the deal was an ordeal and almost heartbreaking, read my story here.

The deal they offered was the 3 days/2 nights Summer Getaway for 4 P23,600 (approximately $536) which included:
- Accommodations at a 2 Bedroom Terraza
- Roundtrip land and sea transfers from the airport to the resort and vice versa
- Welcome Refreshments
- 2 days continental breakfast for 4
- Complimentary internet connectivity in the accommodation (cable) and public areas (Wi-Fi)
- Complimentary drinking bottles of water in the room, replenished daily
- Complimentary coffee & tea selections in room
- Golf cart service (this is the only way to get around)
- Complimentary access to the resort’s range of exclusive facilities and recreational activities, i.e. 9-hole golf course, driving range, 2 swimming pools (seaside and hotel pools), tea house, meditation sanctuary, fitness gym, entertainment/game room, cigar lounge and picnic grove
* normally rates for the 2 bedroom Terraza is $540 per night.

My Bellarocca wishes were coming true! Not only that, I was getting a level up vacation which I haven’t had in the longest time!

The weekend we were scheduled to go, typhoon Chedeng was in town. Nooooooo!!!! For my last 3 trips, I didn’t have great weather so I was exasperated. We were coordinating with Zest Air (the only airline to Marinduque and YES!!! We survived the ride! Haha), Bellarocca and Deal Grocer for their procedure for weather disturbances. To make a long story short, we couldn’t move our trip anymore. Thankfully, Chedeng moved away and storm signals in Manila and Marinduque were gone. For the situation we were in, a supposed typhoon, we had good enough weather. It was cloudy but had speckles of sun. It rained a bit but nothing major.

Bellarocca literally has its ups and downs so the best mode of travel is via their golf cart. From the resort's port, we were brought to our room. The terrazas are near the hotel area. It was very spacious and comfortable. It has 1 master’s bedroom, 1 more bedroom, 2 bathrooms, 2 balconies, a dining area and a mini ref.


The view from our Terraza, hello Mt. Malindig!


The dining area - the only common area in the Terraza.
The Terraza didn’t have plates or utensils. It only had 4 cups and saucers. Since we had 1 dinner in our Terazza, we just asked for the plates and utensils from room service.


The Master's Bedroom
The beddings and pillows were cozy. Burrowing yourself in them is highly possible. Haha It was a huge room (remember, I’m a budget traveler) and had enough space for me and Tin to move around. Even for 3 short days, it felt like home. We utilized the closest properly too. The cable for internet access is in here. Do note that if you’re connected online, your phone is disconnected.


The Master's Bathroom
Since the shower had half a door, I was worried about the water spilling out. Fortunately, spillage wasn’t that bad.


The other bedroom
We made use of the TV here! Haha All 3 of us fit better here than in the master's bedroom. What did we watch? I’ll save that for the “What to do Indoors” post. Wait for it, promise!


The other bedroom’s bathroom


Toiletries
You can choose between L’Occitane, Aveda, Ren, Archive and Molton Brown for your toiletries. We were only familiar with L’Occitane. On our first day, the toiletries in our bathroom were from Archive. To change things up, we asked for Molton Brown on our 2nd day. I wasn’t able to try the Archive products because (1) I used my own initially and (2) when they cleaned our room on our 2nd day, they took the Archive products with them. Tin preferred Archive over Molton Brown.


One thing that the terraza lacked was a place to dry your wet clothes. I wish they could add that soon. Also, the terazzas weren't that sound proofed. We could hear our neighbors sometimes. Poor neighbors, we would have moments of uncontrollable laughter and they heard it all. Over all, we had a wonderful time in our Bellarocca digs. I would love to level up to a Villa in the future because it has its own pool!

The rest of my Bellarocca posts are here: Part 2, Part 3, Part 4 and Part 5.

* Additional photos from Tin Samson.


---------------------------------
Past Photo Walks:
January - Quiapo and Makati
February - Negros Occidental
March - Zamboanga
April - Corregidor

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Add me on Facebook