My Batanes Dream Came True Part 1: An Introduction

Monday, August 29, 2011

You know how you have unreachable dreams? Batanes was one of those for me. Five to ten years ago, Batanes was elusive. It would cost you P25,000-30,000 easily to visit the province. It was like a 9 year old dreaming to become a rockstar, that’s how unreachable I thought Batanes was. In 2009, I had the opportunity to fulfill my dream. I mean, cmon!!! Batanes??? Seriously??? Danix’s boyfriend Noel had family in Batanes and received an invitation to visit the place again. The invitation was generously extended to me as well. To get ready for the trip, the 3 of us even watched the movie Batanes starring Iza Calzado! It was like we were touring the province.

The thing about Batanes is, whatever you’ve heard about the magnificent place - they’re all true. The view is as stunning as what I expected it to be, the kindness of the locals is beyond my expectations and the experience was absolutely unforgettable and one of the BEST adventures of my life. The concept of “Bayanihan” is alive and strong in Batanes. The locals live simply and exude this positive vibe.

This series will be more of a photo blog than actual articles. Whatever it is that’s in most of the Batanes Tours, that’s what we did. We hired a jeep and our hosts took us around. As our hosts said, that’s pretty much what you can do in the province. We didn’t discover a secret Batanes place; we did most of the tourist spots. So since I don’t have anything new to share, I would like to post the photos instead because when you’re happy, you can't help but show it.

The rest of my Batanes posts are here: Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10, Part 11, Part 12 and Part 13. Here's where you can stay when you visit Batanes.

* Additional photo from Danix Labudahon.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Batanes is my dream destination too. Lucky you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for passing by yet again Average Jane! =) I hope that you can go too in the next couple of years, it truly is magnificent and unforgettable. I am eternally for being able to visit this place. =) Do check in here for the next couple of days/weeks! Haha The Batanes series is pretty loooong. Haha

    ReplyDelete

Add me on Facebook