Just around our corner, Subspace Coffee

Monday, September 05, 2011

For steady times, I love going to Chatime Pioneer and Kozui in Tomas Morato. When I first found out about Subspace Coffee, I was jumping up and down because I potentially had a cool chill place to hang out on my street.

The quaint café is homey and the interiors more than anything else is the initial draw for customers. It makes you want to put on your jammies, socks, sit down in a corner with a hot drink, book and just stay forever. In fact it recently topped Spot’s 10 Must-Try Cozy Cafes in the City. I eventually found it that this café also comes from the brilliant duo which gave us Space Encounters.


That’s not a chair for sitting on, it’s a ceiling installation.

My friend Berenice and I had wanted to catch up so I suggested trying out Subspace. It was a Friday night and we both came from previous dinners so we only had coffee on our minds.

Purple Potato Latte P125
It’s a drink with taro in it which you can have hot or cold. I was expecting something more explosive and exotic with a drink named “Purple Potato Latte” but it actually tasted like sweet coffee.

Dark Chocolate Mint
I’m sorry to say but we were both disappointed with this one. The chocolate was light and there was only a faint taste of mint. Sorry to compare but I’d take Starbucks’ Frapuccino with Mint any day.

I wanted to love Subspace Coffee completely, but I just couldn’t do it. I fell in love with the design of the café but the drinks didn’t perform as well. In this battle, interiors and ambiance trumped the drinks. Despite that, I plan to give Subspace another chance and visit the space this month.

-------------------------
Subspace Coffee
Unit 103, GF Grand Emerald Tower, F. Ortigas Jr. Road, Ortigas Center, Pasig
02-6557077
* They're closed on Sundays! Our first attempt to try out the café was on a Sunday and was disappointed to find it closed.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Add me on Facebook