Will you love Sip Milk Tea?

Tuesday, October 04, 2011

 Milk tea places have been mushrooming in the Metro in the past year. I’m no tea connoisseur but I’ve definitely had a soft spot for tea before the craze hit the city. You already know about my love for Chatime, Happy Lemon and Serenitea. I was pleasantly surprised to see Sip, a new Milk Tea place above the area of National Bookstore in Galleria. Could Sip possibly dethrone any of my 3 loves?


 
 


Caramel Milk Tea Large P100
So I drank some of my Caramel Tea and drank some more. I don’t know if this has ever been used to describe a drink but this was exactly how I felt – empty. As my friend Berenice said, it was as though the tea left the building and left the milk to play in my cup. After a while, my drink took a different turn. It was as though the ingredients started reacting against each other altering the state of the drink. Honestly, another odd way to describe a drink but there was sedimentation! Go figure. 

 
Raspberry Yakult Large with Strawberry Sago P105
This huge cup of milk tea lacked an integral ingredient, the yakult. There was just a faint taste of it present. The drink’s saving grace is the strawberry sago (popping bobas in other tea places).
 
Veggie Spring Roll P75
I was expecting something Vietnamese with fresh vegetables. Instead, I got the fried version with bean sprout – which I don’t like. For P75, the vegetable spring rolls were expensive.

Chicken Chop P85
The spices mixed to create the Chicken Chop were interesting but confusing at the same time. It tasted like there were 10 different herbs and spices in it in a bad way; it confused my palette. The Chicken Chop tasted great if eaten sporadically but in succession can get overwhelming.
 
The sure shot good thing about Sip is its warm staff. My 3 fave tea places can all relax, they still have their place firmly in my heart.


---------------------------
Sip Milk Tea
- Ground level Pearl Plaza Pearl Drive Ortigas Center, Pasig
- side of National Bookstore

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Add me on Facebook